- 1 9 inch pie crust (see below)
- 6 Tomatoes (3 lbs total) cut into 1/3 inch slices, drained
- 3 tbsps Fresh Basil, shredded
- 3 tbsps Fresh chives, minced
- 1 1/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- For the Oil Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil (we use grapeseed oil)
- 2 tbsps Milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all crust ingredients lightly and press into glass pie pan. Prick with fork, cover with foil and weigh down with dried beans.
Bake for 10 minutes, remove beans and foil and bake an additional 5 minutes, until crust has lightly browned. Remove from oven, reduce oven temperature to 400 and layer tomato slices in crust. Sprinkle them with the basil, chives and salt and pepper to taste. Combine the mayonnaise and grated cheeses in a bowl and then spread mixture over the tomato slices. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden.
Serve with McGregor Vineyard Chardonnay Reserve, Unoaked Chardonnay, Semi-Dry Riesling or Cabernet Franc.