Rosé & Shrimp Scampi
- 5 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 lb Medium Shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup McGregor Vineyard Rosé d' Cabernet Franc
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 lb Thin Spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
In a skillet, heat 3 tbsp. of the butter with the oil over medium-high heat; season shrimp with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Cook, turning once, until beginning to turn pink, approximately three minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add chile flakes, garlic, and shallots to skillet and cook until softened (about three minutes). Add wine, lemon juice and zest. Cook for about five minutes, until liquid is reduced by half.
Add pasta, shrimp and toss with remaining butter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty baguette and remaining Rose wine. Enjoy!